Fine Radar
The News Hub

My baby was burnt by bleach at daycare, their response was horrifying

The parents of a toddler who suffered horrific chemical burns at daycare have now received thousands of dollars in damages.

Little Blake Nilssen was just 10 months old when he was left unsupervised near a bucket of bleach at the Little Dreams nursery in Aberdeen on November 4, 2021.

His parents, Ellie and Darryl, heard “chilling” screams as they arrived at the centre – only to realise they belonged to their youngest son.

Their baby had accidentally pulled the bucket of water and chemicals on himself as he tried to stand up, when left unsupervised. 

However instead of calling an ambulance, staff covered him in paper towels which made his second-degree burns worse.

Want to join the family? Sign up to the Kidspot newsletter for more stories like this. 

RELATED: ‘I heard screams as I arrived at daycare’

Baby left burned and blistered at daycare 

The family say they pursued legal action to get answers, and that the pay-out was never the end goal. The funds will be placed in a trust for Blake to access when he turns 16. 

“At the time I said this incident was indefensible and I still feel that way,” Ellie told The Sun.

“There really was a sense that it shocked parents all over the country. Many people reached out with concern and support.

“I am still disappointed in the nursery’s reaction to everything. Even when presented with evidence – like photos of my burned and blistered baby – they tried to deny or downplay their failings.

“It took a legal action to get the answers we deserved and get Little Dreams to hold their hands up.”

Investigations revealed that daycare staff were not properly trained in how to deal with such an event and staff were scrutinised for failing to call an ambulance. 

RELATED: Mum demands answers after baby ‘attacked’ at daycare

Baby fearful of water after horrifying burns 

While little Blake is now continuing to heal physically, he is traumatised around water.

“We’re grateful to everyone who has helped us from friends and family, to staff who treated Blake’s injuries to our legal team who helped hold the nursery accountable,” Ellie added.

“As a family we now just want to try and put this painful episode behind us and look forward.”

At the time of the incident, Ellie recalled her horror at arriving to find her boy in agony. 

“There are no words to describe the fear we felt at that moment,” she recalled. 

“He was screaming, his skin was red all over and there was an overwhelming smell of bleach with liquid running down his legs and arms from burst blisters… it was chilling.”

Originally published as Parents get pay-out after baby boy is burnt by bleach at daycare

For more latest Lifestyle News Click Here 

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! FineRadar is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.